List:       kde-devel
Subject:    appending to document in khtml part
From:       George Vlahoulis <gotj () optusnet ! com ! au>
Date:       2002-10-23 16:25:19

Hi,

I wish to dynamically build a html document in a KHTML part during
runtime. I will primarily appending rows to a table and over time I
expect the table to become quite long with possibly thousand of entries.

I started looking at the begin() and write() methods and while it works
the updates to the document appear somewhat sluggish. Secondly I noticed
that while selecting text the highlighting doesn't appear until the end
of the selection.

I don't like QTextEdit's rendering and thus turned to KHTML. Should I be
looking into DOM or KHTML's internals?

Any pointers would be appreciated.

Regards

gv