List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KLogTool
From:       Michael Goffioul <goffioul () imec ! be>
Date:       2002-10-23 16:11:18

> > The file location is not a problem, it's already configurable.
> > The format is something else. Could point me on some online doc
> > about the log format?
>
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs-2.0/logs.html      (apache 2.0.x)
> http://httpd.apache.org/docs/logs.html          (apache 1.3.x)
>
> Hopefully these will be enough to get you started.

After looking at the doc, it seems pretty feasible to add apache
support for error_log and access_log format. For the latter I would
however put 2 restrictions:
	- each log entry is a single line
	- fields with spaces are quoted (otherwise it seems impossible
	  to parse)
Does this sound reasonable?

Michael.