List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KLogTool
From:       Andy Fawcett <andy () athame ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-10-23 15:48:33

On Wednesday 23 October 2002 18:40, Marcos Dione wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 23, 2002 at 05:23:26PM +0200, Michael Goffioul wrote:
> > It's available in kdenonbeta. I won't describe all features here,
> > but the main one is its modularity: support for new log files can
> > be easily added (it currently supports CUPS, Samba and Syslog). The
> > main question (beside would you enjoy it) is which log file would
> > it be mandatory to support? (I'm not really a sysadmin).

>   /var/log/apache/access.log
>   /var/log/apache/error.log

These should be handled, but in a configurable manner. Apache logs can
go under many names (I use several different ones for the virtual hosts
I have), and can be in different directories.

Also, the logs can be in a wide variety of formats, as Apache is quite
configurable about the way it logs things.

A.

--
Andy Fawcett             | "In an open world without walls and fences,
andy@athame.co.uk        |  we wouldn't need Windows and Gates."