List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE sources via anon CVS question
From:       Zsolt Rizsanyi <rizsanyi () myrealbox ! com>
Date:       2002-10-23 15:34:03

On Wednesday 23 October 2002 04:51, Toivo Pedaste wrote:
> When I update my copy of the KDE sources using anon CVS I sometimes
> get messages like
>
> cvs update: move away kdepim/kaddressbook/addhostdialog.cpp; it is in the
> way C kdepim/kaddressbook/addhostdialog.cpp
> cvs update: move away kdepim/kaddressbook/addhostdialog.h; it is in the way
> C kdepim/kaddressbook/addhostdialog.h
> cvs update: move away kdepim/kaddressbook/ldapoptionswidget.cpp; it is in
> the way C kdepim/kaddressbook/ldapoptionswidget.cpp
> cvs update: move away kdepim/kaddressbook/ldapoptionswidget.h; it is in the
> way C kdepim/kaddressbook/ldapoptionswidget.h
>
> What does it mean, do I have to do something like remove those files and if
> so why cann't CVS do it itself?

Yes you have to remove them.

The reasons why cvs does not remove the is that it thinks that those files
were created by you, so they may contain important information.
Those files were not managed by cvs, but they were created by the build
process. Now somebody added them to cvs.

Hope this is enough info.

Regards
Zsolt