List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KDE frontend for ImageMagick?
From:       Guillaume Laurent <glaurent () telegraph-road ! org>
Date:       2002-10-22 12:40:00

On Tuesday 22 October 2002 14:28, Carsten Pfeiffer wrote:
> Do you know what Imlib was used for in gnome?

imlib 1.

> And what were the reasons to switch to gdk-pixbuf?

It was a piece of crap, with a most error-prone, complicated API, full of "gee
I'm sure this is gonna go sooo fast" premature "optimisations". I remember
trying to wrap it back in my Gtk-- days. Horrible. And Rasterman wasn't
exactly appreciated by the other Gnomers, mostly the guys at RHAD Labs.

--
				Guillaume
				http://www.telegraph-road.org