List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: make -f Makefile.cvs fails in kdenonbeta
From:       Dominique Devriese <dominique.devriese () student ! kuleuven ! ac ! be>
Date:       2002-10-18 9:18:35

Daniel Engelschalt writes:

> hello, does anyone know why this happens ?

> kde3@lisi [~/updates/kdenonbeta] $ make -f Makefile.cvs This
> Makefile is only for the CVS repository This will be deleted before
> making the distribution

> *** Creating acinclude.m4
> *** Creating list of subdirectories
> *** Creating configure.in
> *** Creating aclocal.m4
> *** Creating configure
> configure.in:44: warning: do not use m4_patsubst: use patsubst or
> m4_bpatsubst configure.in:83: warning: AC_PROG_LEX invoked multiple
> times configure.in:2106: warning: AC_PROG_LEX invoked multiple times
> configure.in:2106: warning: AC_PROG_LEX invoked multiple times
> configure.in:3593: error: m4_popdef: undefined macro: AC_Dest
> ../autoconf/status.m4:831: AC_CONFIG_FILES is expanded from...
> configure.in:3593: the top level make[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1 make:
> *** [all] Error 2

> kde3@lisi [~/updates/kdenonbeta] $ autoconf --version autoconf (GNU
> Autoconf) 2.53a kde3@lisi [~/updates/kdenonbeta] $ automake
> --version automake (GNU automake) 1.4-p5 kde3@lisi
> [~/updates/kdenonbeta] $ make --version GNU Make version 3.79.1, by
> Richard Stallman and Roland McGrath. Built for i686-pc-linux-gnu

> and recommended for gentoo 1.2: WANT_AUTOCONF_2_5=1

i sometimes have the same error.  I think it is due to the amount of
subdirs in kdenonbeta.  The error goes away if you only check out the
part of kdenonbeta that you need...:
cvs co -l kdenonbeta  # checks out the base directory files
cvs co kdenonbeta/admin # you always need the admin dir...
cvs co kdenonbeta/kig # check out my own fantastic program ;)
cd kdenonbeta && ./configure ...

i know this is more of a workaround than a fix, but anyway, maybe it
helps you...
cheers
domi

--
Q:	How much does it cost to ride the Unibus?
A:	2 bits.