List:       kde-devel
Subject:    libpng version confusion
From:       Raffaele Sandrini <maturarbeit () gmx ! ch>
Date:       2002-10-17 12:33:19

Hi

I have a problem here. I have 2 debian machines here wich have both libpng2
and libpng3 installed. I
made an app wich run perfectly on one computer but on the otherone i get
errors about wrong libpng
version...

I made "ldd <app>" on both machines. On the one (wich i compiled the app
with) i got for libpng
"libpng.so.3" and on the other machine i got "libpng.so.2" (??!!). May
someone explain to me why
this happens? They run the same OS and bozh have both lib vertsions
installed... I mean if i
conpiled/linked against libpng3 why does the second machine only think of
using an older/other
version?

cheers,
Raffaele