List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: libtool tries to link against static libs
From:       James Richard Tyrer <tyrerj () acm ! org>
Date:       2002-10-15 3:27:43

Raffaele Sandrini wrote:
> Hi
>
> I created a new Kapp with Kapptemplate. As i tried to compile the example i
> get many of these
> errors:
>
> libtool: link: warning: library
> `/home/solterma/kwglogin/kdecvs/lib/libkdeui.la' was moved.

This indicates a problem with the: '*.la' file -- Libtool Archive.

> For every lib it wants a static version...

I can't seem to figure out how you got from the error message to this
conclusion.

> I looked at the configure script and found nothing to
> disable this. How can i change that app to behave/compile like any other KDE
> App?

I will try to answer that question.

> I don't want to link statically :-(

BUT it isn't linking staticly.

I find this script useful:

#!/bin/bash
searchfor=$1
for i in `find -name "*.la*"` ; do
         if  ( cat $i | grep "$searchfor" >/dev/nul )  ; then
         echo ">>>>>>>>     $i"
         rm $i
         fi
done
unset i

for fixing up Libtool Archive problems.

It removes (recursively) every Libtool Archive containing a given string.

However, your problem isn't the usual one.

You may need to run it with the agrument: "libkdeui" on your whole KDE
source tree and rebuild it.

Or, you can try to fix the paths in your: "libkdeui.la" file yourself by
hand with an editor.

--
JRT