List:       kde-devel
Subject:    kdewidgets & styles
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () virtualartisans ! com>
Date:       2002-10-14 8:36:36

Hi,

 Sorry for the long mails and to the fact that I'm actually replying for
myself even before sending the mail. Just before sending, I've checked one
thing again and found out what caused the below problem: if kdelibs (and
possible other kde modules) are configured with --build=athlon (on an Athlon,
of course) under the below system, there were no shared libraries generated!
Getting rid of the --build=athlon gave me back the shared libs. Now is it an
admin (libtool) problem, or it is a g++/ld error?

Andras

-----------------------
Hi,

 Me again: after recompiling again the kdelibs (and checking twice that all
the paths and environment variables are correct), I still don't get the
kdewidgets.so (nor highcolor.so nor other .so for the styles). This cause
later compilation errors in the other modules (like kdebase:
kicker/appets/clock). I've searched the archives and found some similar
reports, but there seemed to be a configuration problem, not a missing shared
library error. BTW, I get the static libraries, but not the shared one.
I just can't figure out what is the problem. I use the following build system:

1. SuSE 8.0
2. g++ 2.95.3
3. autoconf 2.52
4. automake 1.5
5. KDE CVS (two days old), should go in /opt/kde-cvs
6. builddir != srcdir
7. qt-copy (two days old), installed in /usr/lib/qt-copy
8. in the global and user specific qtrc I've added the path to
/opt/kde-cvs/lib/kde3/plugins
9. QTDIR is /usr/lib/qt-copy
10. KDEDIR is  /opt/kde-cvs
11. PATH=$QTDIR/bin:$KDEDIR/bin:$PATH
12. LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$QTDIR/lib:$KDEDIR/lib:$LD_LIBRARY_PATH
13. Qt configurartion:
/configure -system-zlib -qt-gif -system-libpng -system-libjpeg
-plugin-imgfmt-mng -thread -no-stl -fast -no-g++-exceptions -libdir
/usr/lib/qt-copy/lib -bindir /usr/lib/qt-copy/bin -headerdir
/usr/lib/qt-copy/include -enable-opengl
make symlinks sub-src sub-tools
make install

14. kdelibs configuration:
configure --prefix=/opt/kde-cvs --with-alsa --enable-dnotify
--enable-fast-malloc=yes --enable-ltdl-install --enable-mitshm --build=athlon

and
configure --prefix=/opt/kde-cvs --build=athlon

None of them produced the .so-s. (But there were no confi or make errors.)

Can someone help me? I've compiled KDE 2.x a lot of times from sources, but
this is the first time I do with KDE 3 and I am very fustrated. And I need to
get a running KDE 3.1 (CVS)  :-(

Andras