List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Compilation errors
From:       Malte Starostik <malte () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-10-12 17:57:31

On Saturday 12 October 2002 19:40, Andras Mantia wrote:
> Ok, but this is only half solution, as there is still a need to inform
> every user who has the problem to do (try) what you've suggested. I was
> wondering and searching for a solution that I can make in the source
> files/Makefile.am's and the users won't have the problem anymore. Maybe
> manually including the kde header files in the .ui files can be a solution.
Well, there is an easy workaround: start KDE once before compiling KDE
programs. That should fix it. (kcminit adds the path to qtrc). If that
doesn't work, maybe kdewidgets.so is completely missing? If so it's clearly a
packaging bug.
To get rid of the need to start KDE once, it's IMHO the responsibility of
distributions to add that path upon installing the kde-devel packages.
-Malte

--
#!/usr/bin/perl
$t='char|short|int|long|void';%m=qw(U "unsigned\040$3" W "w$3_t");while(<>)