List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Kapptemplate produces invalid files
From:       Erik Sigra <sigra () home ! se>
Date:       2002-10-11 16:39:52

fredag 11 oktober 2002 18:10 skrev Erik Sigra:
> I tried kapptemplate 1.1. It fails, se output below. I use gcc-3.2,
> automake-1.6 and autoconf-2.53 (with 2.54 it fails in another way).
> What versions of automake and autoconf am I supposed to use? Pleas tell me
> what is wrong!

I got this error when I tried to have 2 versions of autoconf/automake. The
newest for general use and the old versions for kde use. I configured the old
versions with --prefix=/usr/local/kde-legacy. When I was going to use the kde
versions i executed "export PATH=/usr/local/kde-legacy/bin:$PATH" then the
old versions were used. But this did apparently not work.

The workaround is to install the old kde versions without prefix. Then it
works for kde. The problem is of course that the newer versions are not
available on the system for other programming projects. It seems that the
same system can not be used for KDE programming and non-KDE programming. This
is unfortunate.

(The magic versions that work seem to be autoconf-2.53 and automake-1.5.
automake-1.6 doesn't even work in itself.)