List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Quanta builddir != srcdir problem
From:       Sean McGlynn <sean () tmiau ! com>
Date:       2002-09-30 17:59:08

On Monday 30 September 2002 15:38, Neil Stevens wrote:

> > > Being in CVS doesn't make it part of KDE.  Only the released apps are
> > > part of a particular KDE version. :-)

Well, that's your view of things Neil, which is different to mine. Funnily
enough, as soon as I saw that you had replied to my email I somehow knew that
it wouldn't be to help with the answer! "Neil the Pedant" strikes again!

> > Using your definition Sean may be ahead of things, by symantics. Quanta
> > 3.1 is scheduled to be released as part of KDE 3.1.
>
> I hadn't seen that mentioned anywhere on the feature plans or anything.
> Good, now that it's going to be in the release I look forward to seeing an
> SDI Quanta!
>
> > That means he's
> > looking for us to function as the rest of  KDE CVS... but our humble
> > little module only has us trying to make Sean happy on this. ;-)
>
> Well, I agree it'd be good to fix, but I'd rather not see kde-devel become
> kde-help-me-compile-kde.

Please go and jump into a lake Neil (or stick to doing battle with Dre and
others on kde-cafe). Maybe just create a
kde-everyone's-entitled-to-Neil's-opinions-whether-they-want-them-or-not list
and see how many people subscribe!

Sean
--
Sean McGlynn