List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KDirLister & KIO::NetAccess
From:       Andras Mantia <amantia () virtualartisans ! com>
Date:       2002-09-30 6:31:55

Hi,

1. Is it true that KDirLister doesn't emit the completed() signal if I specify
an empty (but existing) url in the openURL() method?

2. In the NetAccess (or maybe the KIO::stat) sources there is an error, as the
exists function does not work correctly if the specified url is not a file,
but a directory. In this case it always returns true. I don't send a patch as
my KDE HEAD checkout is old (aug 7) (I'm using 3.0.x now.), but here is what
corrects the behaviour:

Original method:
bool NetAccess::exists( const KURL & url )
{
  if ( url.isLocalFile() )
    return QFile::exists( url.path() );
  NetAccess kioNet;
  return kioNet.statInternal( url );
}

Patched method:
bool NetAccess::exists( const KURL & a_url )
{
 if ( a_url.isLocalFile() )
 {
    return QFile::exists( a_url.path() );
 } else
 {
  KURL url = a_url;
  if (a_url.path().endsWith("/")) url.setPath(a_url.path()+"dummy_file");
  NetAccess kioNet;
  return kioNet.statInternal( url );
 }
}