List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KDE 3.1 schedule reminder
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-09-02 20:05:59

Hi,

I've updated the release schedule with the following changes:

- Delaying Beta2 and everything afterwards by 2 weeks. Reason:
  The additional delays we had for Beta1 release tarballs and
  the release announcement. It isn't helping us much if we release
  a Beta2 after only two weeks.

- Delaying the feature freeze by one week.

- Adding a documentation freeze around week 42 after requests from
  the documentation team.

I had a short look at the feature plan for 3.1 and I think there are far too
many items in the "red" part. Please (re-)move them to the appropiate
section (yellow, green, or postpone it to the 3.2 release).

You can find the most current version (as always) under

http://developer.kde.org/development-versions/kde-3.1-release-plan.html

Comments, suggestions, opinions appreciated,

--
Dirk (received 1336 mails today)