List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: My first question
From:       Carlos Kassab <ckg () glin ! zzn ! com>
Date:       2002-09-01 0:17:58

Hi:

Thank you for your response.

I am sending you a lot of information, i hope it is useful to see my problem.

I am using KDE3.0.3 with kdevelop 2.1.3 with Mandrake 8.2, automake 1.5,
autoconf 2.5.

Now i have created a simple hello world program, a terminal program:
#ifdef HAVE_CONFIG_H
#include <config.h>
#endif

#include <iostream.h>
#include <stdlib.h>

int main(int argc, char *argv[])
{
  cout << "Hello, World!" << endl;

  return EXIT_SUCCESS;
}

WHEN I BUILD AUTOCONF and AUTOMAKE, THESE ARE THE MESSAGES:

This Makefile is only for the CVS repository
This will be deleted before making the distribution
*** Creating acinclude.m4
*** Creating list of subdirectories
*** Creating configure.in
*** Creating aclocal.m4
*** Creating configure
*** Creating config.h template
autoheader: config.h.in is unchanged
*** Creating Makefile templates
/usr/local/share/automake/am/lang-compile.am: AMDEP does not appear in
AM_CONDITIONAL
gmake[1]: *** [cvs] Error 1
gmake: *** [all] Error 2
*** failed ***

WHEN I BUILD CONFIGURE, THESE ARE THE MESSAGES:

checking for -p flag to install... yes
checking for working aclocal... found
checking for working autoconf... found
checking for working automake... found
checking for working autoheader... found
checking for working makeinfo... found
checking for gcc... gcc
checking for executable suffix...
checking for object suffix... o
checking whether gcc accepts -g... yes
checking how to run the C preprocessor... cpp
checking whether g++ accepts -g... yes
checking whether g++ supports -Wundef... yes
checking whether g++ supports -Wbad-function-cast... yes
checking whether g++ supports -Wno-long-long... yes
checking whether g++ supports -Wnon-virtual-dtor... yes
checking whether g++ supports -fno-exceptions... yes
checking whether g++ supports -fno-check-new... yes
checking whether g++ supports -fexceptions... yes
checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... g++ -E
checking whether g++ supports -frepo... yes
checking for ld used by GCC... /usr/bin/ld
checking if the linker (/usr/bin/ld) is GNU ld... yes
checking for /usr/bin/ld option to reload object files... -r
checking for BSD-compatible nm... /usr/bin/nm -B
checking for a sed that does not truncate output...
checking whether ln -s works... yes
checking how to recognise dependant libraries... pass_all
checking for dlfcn.h... yes
checking the maximum length of command line arguments... 32768
checking command to parse /usr/bin/nm -B output from gcc object... ok
checking for objdir... .libs
checking for ranlib... ranlib
checking for strip... strip
checking if gcc static flag works... no
checking if gcc supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... no
checking for gcc option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if gcc PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if gcc supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the gcc linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... no
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking for shl_load... no
checking for shl_load in -ldld... no
checking for dlopen... no
checking for dlopen in -ldl... yes
checking whether a program can dlopen itself... yes
checking whether a statically linked program can dlopen itself... yes
checking whether to build static libraries... no
configure: creating libtool
appending configuration tag "CXX" to libtool
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking for g++ option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if g++ PIC flag -fPIC works... yes
checking if g++ supports -c -o file.o... yes
checking whether the g++ linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking for shl_load... (cached) no
checking for shl_load in -ldld... (cached) no
checking for dlopen... (cached) no
checking for dlopen in -ldl... (cached) yes
checking whether a program can dlopen itself... (cached) yes
checking whether a statically linked program can dlopen itself... (cached) yes
appending configuration tag "GCJ" to libtool
checking if gcj supports -fno-rtti -fno-exceptions... (cached) no
checking for gcj option to produce PIC... -fPIC
checking if gcj PIC flag -fPIC works... no
checking if gcj supports -c -o file.o... no
checking whether the gcj linker (/usr/bin/ld) supports shared libraries... yes
checking whether -lc should be explicitly linked in... yes
checking dynamic linker characteristics... GNU/Linux ld.so
checking for shl_load... (cached) no
checking for shl_load in -ldld... (cached) no
checking for dlopen... (cached) no
checking for dlopen in -ldl... (cached) yes
checking whether a program can dlopen itself... (cached) yes
checking whether a statically linked program can dlopen itself... (cached) yes
checking for extra includes... no
checking for extra libs... no
checking if pruebat should be compiled... yes
configure: creating ./config.status
fast creating Makefile
fast creating pruebat/Makefile
fast creating pruebat/docs/Makefile
fast creating pruebat/docs/en/Makefile
config.status: creating config.h
*** success ***

WHEN I BUILD DISTCLEAN, I GET THESE MESSAGES:

Making distclean in pruebat
gmake[1]: Cambiando a directorio `/home/ckg/pruebat/pruebat'
Makefile:335: *** missing separator. Alto.
gmake[1]: Saliendo directorio `/home/ckg/pruebat/pruebat'
gmake: *** [distclean-recursive] Error 1
*** failed ***

AND THESE IS MY Makefile, lines where the error is:

332: distclean-compile:
333:	 -rm -f *.tab.c
334:
335:  @AMDEP_TRUE@@am__include@ @am__quote@$(DEPDIR)/main.Po@am__quote@