List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Wrongly tagged files in CVS
From:       Dirk Mueller <mueller () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-08-31 19:05:27

On Sam, 31 Aug 2002, James Richard Tyrer wrote:

> The problem with: "kdepim" appears to be worse than that.  A check out
> with that tag won't build.  I didn't establish exactly why and I'm not
> going to go back and do it right now.  So, I downloaded the tarball
> (3.0.7) and it wouldn't build either.

Did you compile it against Beta1 kdelibs or CVS HEAD kdelibs ?

> I also found that: kdegraphics wouldn't build.  So, I downloaded the
> tarball (3.0.7) and it wouldn't build either.  I presumed that it was
> missing a library as well.

Well, I'm testing the tarballs and they build for me (except kdebindings).
what was the problem?

> I also note that I had problems with the build scripts.  I had to run:
> "bash admin/cvs.sh cvs" to generate the stuff.

you should not run that. the tarballs have pregenerated files, just run
configure and make.

> I also note that I didn't find a release tag for: "aRts" version 1.1.0,
> and so had to download the tarball for it.

there is a ARTS_1_1_0_BETA_1 CVS tag.

--
Dirk (received 848 mails today)