List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Fwd:Widgets for IP- and MAC-Address (was:KIPAdressInput Class)
From:       Klas Kalass <klas.kalass () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-08-31 17:47:24

Am Samstag, 31. August 2002 20:20 schrieb Dylan:
> On Saturday 31 August 2002 6:04 pm, Timo A. Hummel wrote:
> > > Maybe this is helpfull for your IP-Address Widget ..
> >
> > This is ok, but the widget I'm writing uses 4 different input fields
> > with automatic advancing (most people are too lazy to write even the dot
> > between the numbers :)
> >
> > If there are reason against this, I'd like to hear them.
>
> 1) I assume it will allow (and ignore) typing the delimiter?
> 2) How will your autoadvance cope with 1-, 2- or 3-digit decimal per
> segment?
3) I hope you will support right arrow and backspace to move to the last field
if appropriate - I remember this nightmare I had of a combined input field
for numbers where it always costs a lot of effort to correct typos because
whenever I wanted to go back to the last field everything got automatically
selected although I only needed to correct one digit...