List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Widgets for IP- and MAC-Address
From:       Christian Hubinger <a9806056 () unet ! univie ! ac ! at>
Date:       2002-08-31 12:39:47

On Saturday 31 August 2002 13:11, Timo A. Hummel wrote:
> Hi developers :)
>
> since about over 1 1/2 years abstinence from the KDE developers, I'm
> back (you might remember me as the guy who hacked that nasty dr. konqi
> together), I'm working on a KDE project again - a network monitoring
> system in the fashion of Aprisma's Spectrum and HP's OpenView. For that
> purpose, I'll write two widgets which should go IMHO into the libraries
> later.
>
> Here are some thoughts about both the IP-Address widget and the
> MAC-Address widget.
>
> IP-Address-Widget:
>
> - 2 Operation modes: Decimal (dotted decimal) and Hex
> - On-the-fly switch between the operation modes (with automatic convert
> between those two)
> - consists of 4 KRestrictedLine Widgets and 3 text labels (the DOT)
> - Class members for retrieving each octet on its own, as string and as
> 32 bit integer (anybody wants more?)
> - Clipboard Copy and Paste function for the whole IP (makes it easier
> for copy'n'paste operations)
>
> MAC-Address Widget
>
> - Hex-Mode only
> - consists of 6 KRestrictedLine Widgets with configurable separator
> (either . : or nothing)
> - Class members for retrieving each octet on its own with either the
> configured separator or with a fixed separator)
> - Clipboard Copy and Paste function for the whole MAC Address
>
> Any ideas, comments?

Where can I find the sources or are they allready in CVS. I want to have a
look at it as it seems really nice for my app  (kmyfirewall) which could need
both the IP and the MAC widget.

greetings,
chris

--
Windows is a 32 bit shell for a 16 bit extension to an 8 bit
Operating System designed for a 4 bit microchip by a 2 bit