List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kde 3.0.3 sgi patches
From:       Stephan Kulow <coolo () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-08-30 7:24:25

Am Donnerstag 29 August 2002 14:33 schrieb Herr Maik HERTHA:

> There are some main issues for the kde developer as a recommendation for
> sgi integration.
> On sgi workstations there are no include files with c* (<cstdlib, ctime,
> cassert...>). Please wrap those includes with
> #ifdef __sgi #else #endif. Use instead the normal c pendants (stdlib.h,
> time.h, assert.h).
> If you need streams (filestreams, stringstreams) don't use the one which
> ends on *.h (fstream.h, iosrteam.h). Please wrap this too in a #ifdef
> __sgi #else #endif and use their cousins without .h extension (fstream,
> iostream ...)
> Each time you use a #define socklen_t in config.h you should also
> #define _SOCKLEN_T 1. Otherwise the type will be redefined in socket.h
> with an incompatible type.
Add it to config.h.bot (this time #ifdef)

> Using namespaces is critical. Jesse wrote, that there is a bug in the
> mips pro compiler. After some studies of Bjarne Stroustup "The C++
> Programming Language" 3d edition, I'm not quite sure. As off page 177
> (german edition), "Namespace and Exceptions", he wrotes, that it is a
> good coding practice to show in the declaration which dependencies
> (namespaces etc.) exits. So you could apply a namespace in a
> ifdef-else-endif clause.
But you removed using statements?

* At least your kdetoys patch is empty.
* send unified diffs, that's the diff format we use and it's hard to read the
   other
* don't wrap stuff __sgi that are compiler specific and have nothing to do
  with the platform (like c* headers)

Greetings, Stephan