List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KonqSidebar, desktop files and the "virtual_folder" ?
From:       Bart Symons <bart.symons () skynet ! be>
Date:       2002-08-29 22:46:09

Can anyone tell me how I can achieve the following result:

In Konqueror's sidebar I want to display a list of objects.
1 -> I have a set of .desktop files, one for each object, e.g.
~/.kde/share/apps/konqsidebartng/virtual_folders/virtualcd/zloeb.desktop

2 -> when a user leftclicks the object in the sidebar it should open a
specific directory in Konqueror's main window (this already works)

3 -> when the user right-clicks an object then each object should have a
customised service menu (e.g. no "move" menuitem but with a custom "unmount"
menu item)

1. and 2. already work fine. But how do I achieve 3?

This is the desktop file I have now:
"
[Desktop Entry]
ServiceTypes=inode/
Actions=unmountVirtualCDROM
Open=false
Type=Link
URL=file:$HOME/VirtualCD/Zloeb.iso
Icon=cdrom_mount

[Desktop Action unmountVirtualCDROM]
Icon=cdrom_mount
Exec=myownapplicationwhichdoessomestuffwith $HOME/VirtualCD/Zloeb.iso
Name=Unmount Zloeb.iso
Comment=Virtual CD ../abc/Zloeb.iso
KeyWords=CD,CDROM,ISO,mount,filesystem
"

The problem is that I don't ever see the menuitem for unmountVirtualCDROM in
the servicemenu, nor do I know how to remove certain default (but
inappropriate) menu items.

I also tried with ServiceTypes=applicaton/x-desktop but to no avail.

Any help is appreciated.