List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Make on FreeBSD 4.6
From:       Andy Fawcett <andy () athame ! co ! uk>
Date:       2002-08-23 16:56:28

Hi,

I can confirm that KDE apps build okay on FreeBSD pretty well, speaking
as a member of the team that produces the KDE ports/packages for
FreeBSD.

In this particular case, the error is caused because the user is using
BSD make ('make' is the clue), and not GNU make ('gmake' on FreeBSD).
Using gmake, I've just successfully build Quanta from CVS, checked out
a few minutes ago. Using BSD make gives almost exactly the error
reported below.

If GNU make is not installed on the user's system, they can install it
easily. It's port/package 'gmake' in the FreeBSD ports tree.

Regards,

Andy

--
Andy Fawcett      |   "In an open world without walls and fences,
andy@athame.co.uk |      we wouldn't need Windows and Gates."