List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Cannot install QT3.0.5 and KDevelop2.1.3 rpms
From:       Rene Gass <kde-devel () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-08-22 18:28:08

Hi Andre (sorry for the Stefan :-)

> Yes I have all rpm's on my harddisk, but how
> do I install them manually, without having problems
> in case of depencies.

either put them all into a separate directory, cd into this directory in your
favourite console and type

rpm -U *

or start kpackage, mark all rpm's at once in konqueror and drag 'n' drop them
onto the left pane of the kpackage window. I didn't run into any dependency
problems with this procedure.

You can add --nodeps to the rpm command:

rpm -U --nodeps *

in case you still get unresolved dependencies, but this can lead to other
problems with missing or incompatible libraries and things like that.

Regards,
René