List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: request feature
From:       Petros Stavrakakis <petros () stavrakakis ! de>
Date:       2002-08-19 3:32:51

Hi Benjamin,

> yes, off course, but I boot with init 4 because the other people which
> use this workstation are "perfectly uncompatible" with a command line ;)
> So, it will be very interesting to have this feature

If you need a second KDM on Console 8 to 10 for example,
do this (you have to configure the X-Server for remote access (kdmrc +
xdm-config)

1. Start the Console (Ctrl-Alt-F1)
2. Login as root,
3. Enter "X :1 vt0<x> -ac -query <machinename>"
# x -> Number of Console (8,9,11,12)
# machinename -> localhost, or any other machine where the remote acces to the
X-Server is allowed.

Then you have a normal KDM where the other People can login, just on another
console.

There is also a way to start the KDM's automatically, using the .xinitrc.

Greetings,

Petros Stavrakakis

P.S.:
I'm new to this list and my first posting.
So....Hello to all. :-)