List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: c++ question: alloc'ing and free'ing arrays
From:       Nicolas Goutte <nicog () snafu ! de>
Date:       2002-08-06 21:29:53

I do not know what POD and non-POD really is and I do not know if this
question is really on-topic for kde-devel.

However you would perhaps avoid these problems if you would use QT's classes
like for POD types QMemArray (or QByteArray...) and for non-POD types
QPtrVector.

As for saving/loading objects from/to disk, have a look at QDataStream

As for your code, I do not see any problem. I would search in the corner: bad
backtrace, compiler optimisation problems, corruption of stack and all these
kinds of nasty problems.

Have a nice day/evening/night!

On Samstag, 3. August 2002 20:05, Marcos Dione wrote:
>   a friend of mine is developing a class that has lots of arrays of
> different types (POD and non-POD types), and the class must resize
> those arrays (some are even matices) on runtime.

(...)