List:       kde-devel
Subject:    How to integrate mimetype in 3rd party applications
From:       Gioele Barabucci <ml () gioelebarabucci ! com>
Date:       2002-08-06 11:40:41

Hi,

I've made a simple applications that deal with its own type of file.
They are simple plain text, but with a particular meaning (obviously...).

So what I did (thanks to Phalynx) is to add a x-lif.desktop to my sources and
install it under application/x-lif.

This is an extract of the file:

MimeType=application/x-lif
Icon=image
Patterns=*.lif

the problem is that I ./configure in this way

export KDEDIRS="$KDEDIR:/tmp/system"
./configure --prefix=/tmp/system
make
make install

everything is installed properly, but the mimetype database ('cos there is
not, isn't it?) isn't updated (konqueror still thinks it is plain text).

I tryed 'dcop kded kbuildsycoca recreate' but still it is not present in
'kcmshell filetypes'. Probably logging in/out would solve the problem, but I
would like to do this in the same session.

--
Gioele Barabucci (Gb])
) mailto:dev@gioelebarabucci.com