List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Service menus and devices
From:       Robin Atwood <robin.atwood () attglobal ! net>
Date:       2002-08-04 12:15:45

I just read the dot article on service menus and very fine they are too. One
application that has been conspicuously missing is an option to eject on
icons for de-mountable drives. I modified my Zip drive desktop icon like
this:

[Desktop Entry]
Dev=/dev/zip
FSType=auto
Icon=zip_mount
MountPoint=/mnt/zip
ReadOnly=false
Type=FSDevice
UnmountIcon=zip_unmount

ServiceTypes=all
Actions=Eject

[Desktop Action Eject]
Name=Eject
Icon=
Exec=eject /dev/zip

The item "Eject" now appears in the menu but when I click it, nothing happens.
Is this not possible or have I done something wrong? If the answer is the
former it certainly should be possible!
TIA
-Robin.
Robin Atwood.

"This tag line left intentionally blank"