List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: KIO chains?
From:       Marcus Camen <mcamen () mcamen ! de>
Date:       2002-08-02 20:24:19

> I am not sure, but as far as I know gzip and bz2 work over tar.
> Perhaps you could write your encryption stuff like those.

This reminds me of viewing a postscript file contained in a tar archive
over ftp, like
  ftp://ftp.foo.org/bar.tar#tar:/blub/plonk.ps.gz

In KDE2 this examples does work (at least with tar over ftp).
Apparently this does not work with KDE3 which is bad as this is a great
feature if you want to demo KDE  ;-)

I think this functionality was lost during the *.gz / *.bz2 filter
rewrite quite long ago. Is seems that the current classes do not handle
KURL:hasRef(), etc. properly.

--
Marcus