List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KXMLGUIClient problem
From:       Andreas Beckermann <b_mann () gmx ! de>
Date:       2002-08-02 16:19:21

Hi all
I want to use two KXMLGuiClient in order to merge their menubar entries. The
first (toplevel widget) looks like this in the "Game" menu (replacement for
"File" in games):
Game
- Save
- End Game
- Quit

Now I want to add two entries from the second widget so that it looks like
this:
Game
- Save
- End Game
- Center Home Base
- Reset View Properties
- Quit

The second client gets added to the application *after*
createGUI("bosonui.rc", false); was called for the first widget and is a
child of the first client.
I'm then calling
 setXMLFile(locate("config", "ui/ui_standards.rc", instance()));
 setXMLFile("bosonui.rc", true);
 setXMLGUIBuildDocument(QDomDocument());
 parent->factory()->addClient(this);
for the second client, once the KAction objects are created.

My Problem: All menu entries of the second client get added to the end of the
list, i.e. the "Game" menu looks like this:
- Save
- End Game
- Quit
- Center Home Base
- Reset View Properties

I assume I am missing something completely...
Is this menu-merging possible at all or will they always get added to the end?
If its possible - how?

CU
Andi