List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Multiple dialogs with the same TitleBar text are automatically renamed
From:       "Tyson Marchuk" <tmarchuk () cdlsystems ! com>
Date:       2002-08-01 22:05:55

I've noticed with KDE, (Although not on solaris, Windoze, Exceed, etc.) =
that
when two dialogs have the same titlebar name (For example starting two
KCalcs or having a program open a QMessageBox with the same name as the
parent) that KDE automatically renames the dialog to "[dialog name] <2>" =
 or
"[dialog name] <n>" where n is the number of open dialogs with that =
name.

Is there any way to prevent/override this behaviour?  (config files, =
config
apps, programatically?)

Thanks for any help you can provide.  I think the developers of KDE have
done a wonderful job.

-Tyson Marchuk