List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Init Paths of different distributions?
From:       Gustavo Madrigal <linux_news () nextphere ! com>
Date:       2002-07-31 17:51:10

On Wednesday 31 July 2002 11:20, Christian Hubinger wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I'm working on a function that should finds the runlevel dirs (and the
> default runlevel dir), the init.d (with the bootup scripts) dir and the
> iptables command.
> It would be a great help for me if you couold send me those paths
> from different distributions for looking at those paths in my app.
> I only know Gentoo for shure...
>
> thanks in advance,
> chris

The following is a link to a presentation at debconf2 (Debian Conference), it
is a complete analisys of Init scripts and the Debian OS.

http://people.debian.org/~hmh/debconf2/debconf2-initscripts-bkg.ps.gz

--
Gustavo Madrigal

"... Three servers for the admins under the influence of rye,
seven routers for the network techs in their halls of stone
Nine workstations for mortal lusers doomed to die
One NT box from the dark lord on his throne
in the land of Redmond where the shadows lie

One box to run them all, one box to blind them
one box to control them all and in the darkness grind them
from the land of Redmond where the shadows lie."