List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Tabbed Browsing usability issue
From:       Hetz Ben Hamo <hetz () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-07-31 14:10:16

Hi People,

I've seen something in tabbed browsing which I think is IMHO a wrong thing...

When clicking "Open a New Tab" to open a URL in a new tabbed inside Konqueror,
the first part of the data is received (html, jpg, etc) and then the tabbed
window is open..

Thats wrong. Why? pretty simple. Lets say a user is clicking on a
"slashdotted" web site - since the site is slashdotted - he won't see any new
tab until something is received or a time-out occures. Since the end user
doesn't know about that - he will keep clicking to open a new tab - and by
the time something will come up - he'll have tons of new tabs in Konqueror.

My suggestion - open a new tab first, and then get the data.

Speaking of tabbed browsing - there's still no keyboard shortcuts to switch
between the tabbed windows in Konqueror unfortunately, which means - a mouse
is a must here, and it's not comfortible at all..

Just my $.02

Thanks,
Hetz