List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: problems with KTrader + audio/x-vorbis
From:       Gioele Barabucci <ml () gioelebarabucci ! com>
Date:       2002-07-30 13:45:08

On Monday 29 July 2002 22:11, David Faure wrote:
> The difference is that it says "in general lists are ';' separated",
> whereas in KDE lists are comma separated.
This is against the spec (I finally found it):
"Some keys can have multiple values; these should be separated by a semicolon.
Those keys which have several values should have a semicolon as the trailing
character. "
WOW. So we should have
  X-KDE-list=first;second;third;
instead of
  X-KDE-list=first,second,third

One (ugly but compatible) solution should be to have a
"X-KDE-StandardListDelim" field and precess the old style if it is not set,
and with new one (semicolon for everything) if it is true.

Or just wait for KDE4...

PS.: what are the gnomes using?

--
Gioele Barabucci (Gb])