List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KXAnim problem (from aKtion - kdemultimedia )
From:       Björn Sahlström <kbjorn () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2002-07-29 11:57:24

Hi
I use KXAnim class from aKtion in my KYatzy2000 to animate the dices. This
works very well, but I have one problem. Sometimes the animations doesn't get
loaded. I have a QWidget containing five KXAnim widgets, one for each dice.
When I know what to roll I set the animations by using setFile method. I then
wait for the stopped() signal from all the objects before calling play() on
each one of them. The problem is that sometimes (normally when many players
and late in game) one of the file doesn't get loaded and the process never
exits -> no stopped() signal. Here is the output from getOutput():

kyatzy2000: KXAnim::getOutput() text=_X11TransSocketOpen: socket() failed for
local
_X11TransSocketOpenCOTSClient: Unable to open socket for local
_X11TransOpen: transport open failed for local/localhost.localdomain:0
kyatzy2000: KXAnim::getOutput() text=Unable to open display

Since the process never exits I don't get the stopped() signal and can't check
for errors.

Is there anyone who knows what could cause this and how to solve it I would be
most greatfull !
If you need more info please let me know.
--
MVH
Björn Sahlström