List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: reversing kwin clients in bidi desktops
From:       Lars Knoll <lars () trolltech ! com>
Date:       2002-07-29 9:08:41

> On Friday 26 July 2002 13:04, Diego Iastrubni wrote:
> > first, open the web window decoration to see some of those bugs.
> > (the angles of the corners go to the opposite side)
> > second, in the quartz decoration, the dark side is on the opposite side.
> > This was the decoration which convinced me on your point.
> >
> > I have a few little bugs, when I reverse a few decorations back. If you
> > want, I can send you a diff, to see a pixel not redrawing... pretty ugly.
>
> Allright, these specific bugs with mirrored kwin clients should definitely
> be fixed, but the solution is not going to be to cancel the mirroring
> altogether.

Usually these bugs come up, because the style uses some asymmetric pixmaps,
that do not get reversed automatically. I fixed quite a few appearences like
this in the regular styles before the 3.0 release. The same can rather easily
be done with window decorations. Just create a reversed pixmap and load that
one in case QApplication::reverseLayout() returns true.

> > > I would say that it should be configurable, and not just one way only.
> >
> > as I understood, this branch is closed for new features.
>
> If this is only a fix for the bugs with the mirrored clients, then it can
> go into the _BRANCH, but if we're adding configurability for this feature,
> then it can only go into HEAD.

Yes. Fixing painting errors in reverse mode (due to wrong pixmaps or other
smaller issues) can go into the branch.

Cheers,
Lars