List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: GPL and QPL licenses?
From:       Kuba Ober <kuba () mareimbrium ! org>
Date:       2002-07-25 18:20:48

> > PS: I dont want to earn money with that (for now)!! I know, If I want
> > to sell linux programs made by me using Qt I need to buy the comercial
> > versions of Qt and KDE, insīt it?
>
> Yes, that's correct.

Not quite.

1. You can sell GPL-licensed software, and then you don't need to buy
commercial licence. You can do whatever you want with GPL software as long as
the license is maintained -- it doesn't place any restrictions on whether
you're paid to do that or not.

2. You can only buy commercial license of Qt, there's no way I know of to do
that with KDE. You can use KDE libs in your closed-source products, of
course, because they are LGPL licensed, as opposed to GPL. For Qt, you need
commercial license.

Cheers, Kuba Ober