List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: faster opaque drag
From:       Kuba Ober <kuba () mareimbrium ! org>
Date:       2002-07-25 12:31:47

> b.t.w. - i think gtk 2.0 goes for more backbuffering and less overhead in
> expose events. can we talk someone in trolltech to implement backbuffering
> as a pixmap for qt (and eliminate ALL expose events) - after all, memory is
> cheap...

I think that should be an option, ideally a runtime one, but I presume we
could live with a compile-time one, too.

In some systems the processors are quite fast, but the memory is lacking. And
at high resolutions you don't really want to backbuffer everything... it can
quickly add up to a gigabyte of memory. Who wants to have gigabyte worth of
swap partition on a small system?

Cheers, Kuba Ober