List:       kde-devel
Subject:    GPL and QPL licenses?
From:       Alex <kbyte () iol ! pt>
Date:       2002-07-25 10:23:06

Hi all=2E=2E=2E

Till now=2C I used Windows applications for 99=2E9999=25 of my computer =

usage=2E=2E=2E

I bought the operating system (win95)=2C I bought development tools =

(visual studio 5)=2C I also bought other windows things=2E=2E=2E

At my school time I remember that I study unix operation system and at =

one month ago I installed the Red Hat 7=2E2 enigma operation system=2C in=
 =

my home computer=2C with KDE and=2C my god=2E=2E=2E today I love it!! =3A=
-)

I alread started to try to make some little programs for this operating =

system using QT and the next then I will try to use the KDE Develop=2E=2E=
=2E

So=2C first question=3A
Have I to pay to use linux red hat at my home=3F=3F=3F

I have read some documents about linux world and GPL and QPL licenses =

and I am very confused=2E=2E=2E

Please tell me in a few words=3A

What really mean GPL and QPL licenses=3F=3F=3F

For example=2C can I use Qt and KDE develop to make linux programs=3F
Could I compile programs in that languages and distribute them to =

friends=2C to offices=2C to companies=3F=3F=3F

PS=3A I dont want to earn money with that (for now)!! I know=2C If I want=
 =

to sell linux programs made by me using Qt I need to buy the comercial =

versions of Qt and KDE=2C ins=B4t it=3F

But for now I want to focus in Linux programming languages with GPL and =

QPL licenses!! So=2C in a clear way and in a few words=3A

Can I make programs in Qt and KDE Develop GPL versions and distribut =

them freely=3F =

Does I have to pay anything=3F =

I am I violating qny law by doing this=3F=3F=3F

I know=2C this is a kde develop mailling list but I need to solve this my=
 =

doubts=2E=2E=2E =

Could you help me please=3F

Thanks in advance=2E=2E=2E