List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: kio_smbro bug + patch
From:       aleXXX <alexander.neundorf () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-07-22 22:30:26

On Tuesday 23 July 2002 00:00, Till Gerken wrote:
> Hi,
>
> here's a patch for the smbro kio_slave. I have sent this to
> neundorf@kde.org already but I didn't get a rejection nor has it been
> included yet, so I will post it here for comments.

I can remember I had a look at the patch, but didn't know exactly whether this
is really a good thing.
Usually smb connections are quite fast.

> When reading files from the remote machine, kio_smb.cpp uses select() in
> its inner loop. If the select times out, it will end the loop. The
> problem here is that over slow links, time-outs will occur sooner or
> later and instead of waiting for new data, the file will just not be
> copied and the user will be confronted with an error code.
>
> Solution attached.
>
> Till

I committed now the following:

     result=select(fifoFD+1,&readFDs,0,0,&tv);
      if (wasKilled()) loopFinished=true;
      else if (result==1)
      {
         int i=::read(fifoFD,buf,32*1024);