List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: ui for window manager selection
From:       Eric Christopherson <rakko () charter ! net>
Date:       2002-07-22 6:32:46

On Wed, Jul 03, 2002 at 12:59:37PM -0600, Aaron J. Seigo wrote:
> On Wednesday 03 July 2002 12:41, Eric Christopherson wrote:
> > Someone correct me if I'm wrong,
>
> ok =)
>
> > but isn't it because no other window
> > manager yet is really KDE-compliant
>
> there really isn't such a thing as "KDE-compliant" anymore, rather it is (or
> at least SHOULD be) "NETWM-compliant" ...

What about KDE's desktop window, kicker's windows, and tray app windows?
I've never found any other WM to handle those correctly. They just show up
as windows, usually with decorations and everything; the desktop can be put
on top of other windows, etc. I remember there was supposed to be some fix
for that, that I tried, but it didn't do any good. Anyway, I was just
wondering if all of KDE's supporting windows (like the desktop et al. listed
above) are compliant to any sort of spec, NETWM or other.

--
Eric Christopherson, a.k.a. Contrarian Conlanger Rakko ^_^