List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: bug in arts
From:       Dan Stone <dan () headzofstate ! com>
Date:       2002-07-21 20:33:49

>Hi!
>Tere is a bug in the latest version of arts with vorbis 1.0.
>The compiling error was:
>gsldatahandle-vorbis.c: In function `read_packet':
>gsldatahandle-vorbis.c:153: warning: passing arg 3 of `ov_read_float' makes
>integer from pointer without a cast
>gsldatahandle-vorbis.c:153: too few arguments to function `ov_read_float'

It seems that the spec for the ov_read_float() function (in libvorbis'
vorbisfile.c) changed from rc3 to the 1.0 release.  It used to be:
long ov_read_float(OggVorbis_File *vf,float ***pcm_channels,int *bitstream)

and it now is:
long ov_read_float(OggVorbis_File *vf,float ***pcm_channels,int length,int
*bitstream)

From reading the spec provided with the source, it seems that 'length' is the
maximum amount of samples you want back from the read...I can't figure out
why you'd want to limit this, but maybe someone with more knowledge of the
aRts server could comment on that...once that's nailed down, seems like a
quick fix.  I just set 'length' to an insanely large number, and it compiled
fine =P

~D. A. Stone