List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: A question concerning ioslaves
From:       aleXXX <alexander.neundorf () gmx ! net>
Date:       2002-07-20 17:36:23

On Saturday 20 July 2002 11:19, Florian Bachmann wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am working on a ioslave for browsing the contents RPM
> package files on disk. How can I associate the ioslave with
> the RPM package MIME type in such a way that clicking on a
> RPM package file in Konqueror starts up the ioslave with
> the correct URL (like the tar ioslave does)? I have tried
> to fiddle with the .protocol file, but to no avail.
>
> Kind regards

This is one thing which currently isn't possible.
Parts/apps can be assigned to MIME types, not URL's, as it is now.
Workaround: write a small part which can be assigned to the rpm mimetype and
which doesn't do much more than to "redirect" in some way to a rpm:/ URL.
At least this is what I did for the man ioslave/part.

If we have a better solution, I'd like to know :-)

Bye
Alex