List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Adding a new dialog to a project: compilation error
From:       Mantia Andras <amantia () freemail ! hu>
Date:       2002-07-20 7:42:12

On Friday 19 July 2002 23:44, Michael Ritzert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Freitag, 19. Juli 2002 22:07 schrieb Mantia Andras:
> [...]
> 27: class ToolBarsDlg : public EditToolBarsDlgs  {
> [...]
>
> > In file included from toolbarsdlg.cpp:21:
> > toolbarsdlg.h:27: parse error before `{'
>
> [...]
>
> This looks *very* similar to an error I get in kabc. The reason there is
> that the namespace qualifier ist missing from the inherited class name. You
> may want to check if EditToolBarsDlgs is declared within a namespace.
>
> Michael

Hi,

 No, there wasn't anything like that. But check this out: after several tries,
I found that if I renamed the EditToolBarsDlgs  to EditToolBars it "started"
to work, but moc failed as the filename remained edittoolbarsdlgs.ui . After
renaming also the file to edittoolbars.ui and readding that to the project,
everything works and there is a .h, .cpp and .moc file generated from the .ui
as it should be. Otherwise the code is exactly the same, so are the
Makefile.am's and the .ui file itself.

What can I say now? I'm happy that I solved the problem by now, but I am still
confused, and it can happen anytime again.

Andras