List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Weird error
From:       Pupeno <pupeno () pupeno ! com>
Date:       2002-07-20 3:59:25

This is the kind of errors that drive me mad...
I have two classes PlugInBase and FestivalPlugIn declared as follow:
- ----------------------
class PlugInBase : public QObject{
  Q_OBJECT

  public:
    PlugInBase( QWidget *parent = 0, const char *name = 0);
    virtual ~PlugInBase();
};
- ----------------------
and
- ----------------------
class FestivalPlugIn : public PlugInBase{
    Q_OBJECT
public:
    FestivalPlugIn( QObject* parent = 0, const char* name = 0 );
    virtual ~FestivalPlugIn();
};
- ----------------------
and both constructors as follow
- ----------------------
PlugInBase::PlugInBase( QWidget *parent, const char *name){
  kdDebug() << "Running PlugInBase::PlugInBase( QWidget *parent, const char
*name)" << endl;
}
- ----------------------
and
- ----------------------
FestivalPlugIn::FestivalPlugIn( QObject* parent, const char* name ) :
PlugInBase( parent, name ){
}
- ----------------------

and while compiling this I get this error:

festivalplugin.cpp: In method `FestivalPlugIn::FestivalPlugIn (QObject
*, const char *)':
festivalplugin.cpp:4: no matching function for call to
`PlugInBase::PlugInBase (QObject *&, const char *&)'
../../../proklam/proklam/pluginbase.h:10: candidates are:
PlugInBase::PlugInBase (QWidget * = 0, const
char * = 0)
../../../proklam/proklam/pluginbase.h:12:
PlugInBase::PlugInBase (const PlugInBase &)
make: *** [festivalplugin.lo] Error 1

I really can't understand why is looking for PlugInBase::PlugInBase (QObject
*&, const char *&) and what is weirder is that if I declare
PlugInBase::PlugInBase (QObject *&, const char *&) it looks for
PlugInBase::PlugInBase (QObject *, const char *),
any idea ?
(this is almost a verbatim copy of kdenonbeta/pws wich works).
Thank you.

- --
Pupeno: pupeno@pupeno.com
http://www.pupeno.com