List:       kde-devel
Subject:    KLocale problem - messages doesn't get tranlated
From:       Björn Sahlström <kbjorn () users ! sourceforge ! net>
Date:       2002-07-19 20:28:52

Since I still haven't found a solution for this I repost this question:

In KBear package I have two applications. I would
like to use the same pot file for both of them. The pot file is named after
kbear but contain messages for the databasdaemon as well which is a
KUniqueApplication. I've tried to use KLocale::setMainCatalogue and
KLocale::insertCatalogue in the databasedaemon code but the messages doesn't
get translated. Is it possible to achive this somehow ? If so how ?

Here is a snip of the current Constructor:
SiteManagerDBApp::SiteManagerDBApp()
	:	KUniqueApplication( false, true ),
		m_siteManagerDB( 0L )

{
	if( ! kapp->dcopClient()->isRegistered() ) {
		kapp->dcopClient()->attach();
		kapp->dcopClient()->registerAs( "kbearsitemanagerdb" );
	}
	kapp->dcopClient()->setDaemonMode( true );
	KGlobal::locale()->insertCatalogue("kbear");

--
MVH
Björn Sahlström