List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: JPEG Patents
From:       John Gluck <jgluckca () rogers ! com>
Date:       2002-07-19 0:49:01

Hi All

I seem to remember reading (but that was years ago) that JPEG was developed as
a standard by a commitee and was to be an open or public standard.

Could it be that the patent is for one particular implementation?? Whatever,
it doesn't seem to matter much since there hasn't been any tales of lawyers
sending out nasty letters demanding a gazillion dollars.

John