List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Use of libGL.so  in KDE 3 Series?
From:       Dave Richards <drichard () largo ! com>
Date:       2002-07-16 14:42:30

Hello-
	I am not on the kde-devel email group so if anyone can answer my
questions, please reply directly to me please.

	We (City of Largo, Florida) are just starting to test KDE 3.x on our
thin clients.  Our terminals have some features that are licensed that
we have not purchased because we haven't needed them.  The kdm_greet
program (part of the XDMCP process) is linked against libGL and is
tripping code in our terminals looking for a GLX license.  I looked
quickly at the source and it doesn't seem to be used as far as I can
tell, and I can't imagine why it would be used there.

My questions

1) Is libGL used in kdm_greet.  Why?  Can it be built without it?

2) What other parts of KDE are making use of that library now also?  I'm
going to have to disable that library from use if possible from the
other software packages.

I appreciate any information that you have.

--
Dave Richards <drichard@largo.com>
Systems Administrator