List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: global key press and key release events
From:       Kuba Ober <kuba () mareimbrium ! org>
Date:       2002-07-16 13:34:27

> I'd like to get X11-global keypress and keyrelease events.
> I tried the following in KGlobalAccel:

Why not install an event filter in QApplication?

I think that KGlobalAccel wasn't designed for what you want to do. AFAIK it
should only react to releases of modifier keys like shift, control, alt,
meta, etc. It shouldn't react to releases of non-modifier keys -- did you
ever see a global accelerator in a program which is a key-release rather than
keypress accelerator? ;-) BTW many, if not all keyboards cannot handle
multiple non-modifier keypresses at the same time (so if you press say Q, A
and W together, you may only see say two of the three keypresses), IIRC.

Cheers, Kuba Ober