List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: xmessage <-> kmessage
From:       Andreas Pietzowski <andreas () pietzowski ! de>
Date:       2002-07-14 21:22:25

Hi,

> Does anyone know if there are dcop calls for the KMessageBox and
> KPassivePopup classes so that scripts can use them? That might be a
> better solution if it exists. Not sure what dcop object would have
> something like that though.

I don't know how to start dcop calls but I guess that it is something to
create an instance of KMessageBox::critical() directly, right?

This would be a solution. But anyhow in my opinion such a program is very
useful for many administrators to communicate with the users.

e.g. "System is going down for HALT now!"

Would be nice if there could be such a program in KDE 3.1. I would offer
myself to code this small application and I think it should have the same
command-line-options like xmessage because then it is compatible with all
the existing shell-scripts which use xmessage.

What do you think?

Bye
Pietz

--
MS-Windows: n.
  32 bit extensions and a graphical shell for a 16 bit patch to an