List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: bugs.kde.org, whichlist and problems
From:       Martijn Klingens <klingens () kde ! org>
Date:       2002-07-14 10:36:30

On Sunday 14 July 2002 12:04, Felix Seeger wrote:
> 1.
> If the Severity it entered before the search in the database, the matches
> will be more usefull.
> - - I don't need a wishlist entry if I report a crash or a bug.
> - - If I report a wish, I don't need to see bugs.

That doesn't work, because bugs may get reassigned from bug to wishlist or
vice versa. You still want to see them in that case.

> 2.
> The matches for the package for that I report a bug should be listed first.
> Maybe you can create a kdelibs hit list, so if one of the keywords are
> entered some kdelibs bugs are displayed first.

AFAIK ht://dig doesn't allow searches like these. If you know a way to do
this, please let me or Daniel Naber know, though, because this one is
annoying me too.

It shouldn't filter out other packages btw, because especially khtml/kjs/konq
are fuzzy territory for most people.

> 3.
> Bugs with no package (spam) which are closed should not be listed in the
> dublicate list.

Hmm, are all package-less bugs that are closed spam? If so, that would make
sense. And again: I have not the faintest idea whether ht://dig can do this.

Martijn