List:       kde-devel
Subject:    Re: Keyboard layout switching problems in HEAD
From:       Pavel Troller <patrol () sinus ! cz>
Date:       2002-07-12 5:11:50

> Dne so 6. červenec 2002 13:10 Ladislav Strojil napsal(a):
> > >
> > > I can confirm that this problem still exists in HEAD (cca two days old).
> > >
> > > XFree86 version: 4.2.0
> > >
> > > It does not depend on keyboard swithing policy
> > > (global/application/window).
> > >
> > > Any ideas what is wrong? Is it just the two of us or do others also have
> > > kxkb broken?
> >
> > To add some more info:
> > my XFree86.0.log says:
> > Error loading keymap /var/tmp/server-0.xkm
> >
> > Compiling my Czech keyboard and placing the file in /var/tmp does nothing.
> >
> > When started kxkb says:
> > kxkb: found 2 layouts
> >
> > Any ideas, please? This way KDE is not very usable for those of us that
> > switch keyboards quite often.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Lada
>
> Interesting, all this works perfectly for me. Contact me off-list.
Hi!
  I tried to contact Lukas, as he offered here, but no response received yet.
  Maybe his address lukas@kde.org doesn't work well ?
  I patiently waited and still no luck - today's CVS HEAD does exactly
the same.
  Lada, did You get some progress in this ? Is there somebody else with similar
problem ?
                                  With regards, Pavel Troller